COTS PRAYER POINTS
What are Prayer Points?
Prayer points is a “church” term that describes the areas of prayer that will be focused on. The prayer points are a great way to stay focused as we pray together. They are not an exhaustive list and should be considered a guide. You can pray as the Lord leads you.
What is the Day of Prayer?
Church of the Sower is committed to praying for the needs of those we encounter through life’s journey. As a church, we are called to pray as believers, but also as a church family. Once a month we committed to praying together as a family for a 24-hour period.
How can I join?
Simple and rewarding. You can pray from anywhere and any time that fits your schedule. To start choose how long you would like to commit (30-minutes, 1 hour, etc.) Sign-up using SignupGenius and select the boxes for the appropriate times. You can create an account or simply enter your information. Add the prayer time to your calendar or wait for the reminder alert to arrive. You will receive an alert two days before your scheduled time.
How do I pray for?
Prayer is simply talking to God. You may pray out loud or in your heart. Ask God to lead you and seek His guidance as you begin to seek Him in prayer. The prayer points outlined below are a guide to what we should be corporately praying for as a church. These are the areas we are seeking for God to reveal Himself. If your ready you can start anytime and you don’t have to wait till the 15th of the month. You can start right now.
For Church of the Sower
- Pray for the lost and hurting that visit Church of the Sower.
- Pray for the freedom to allow God to complete his will in your life and that of COTS.
- Pray for miracles, signs, and wonders that would change the hearts and minds of His people that God would be glorified.
- Pray for healing: of broken hearts, the sick, and emotional wounds that keep us captive to the lies of the enemy.
- Pray for breakthroughs in all areas of our mind, body, and soul. Pray for an increased faith that would move the mountains within the body of believers.
- Pray for a broken and contrite heart that would seek Him above all else. Pray for wisdom for you, your family the leadership and Pastors of COTS.
- Pray for the children of COTS. For Gods protection wherever they may travel.
- Pray for the marriages of COTS and for broken vessels that need and desire change.
- Pray that husbands and wives will pray together for a biblical marriage of love, oneness, faithfulness, and mutual respect.
- Pray that parents will raise their children according to biblical truth and that fathers will be the spiritual leader of their wife and children.
- Pray for the restoration of the family where there is a father and a mother in each home raising their children to love and follow Jesus with all their hearts.
- Pray for pastors/ministry leaders to have a vibrant and intimate relationship with Cod. (A Christ-like lifestyle filled with prayer, reading the Word of Cod, worship, mutual accountability). Pray specifically for your pastor.
- Pray for pastor’s/ministers and leaders to have strong marriages that are healthy and Christ-centered
Pray for pastors/ ministry leaders to have children that arc strong believers in the Lord all live for Him alone.
- Pray for our President, the Vice-president, and all the Cabinet member~. Pray for their protection and faithfulness and God’s will to be fulfilled in and through their lives.
- Pray for the Chief Justice and Justices of the Supreme Court to receive the knowledge and wisdom of God and to act in obedience to the righteousness of God.
- Pray for the members of the US Senate and the House of Representatives that they would seek God’s will and direction, and for these men and women to act and lead according to God’s Word. A house divided against itself cannot stand, therefore, pray for them to be unified in righteousness for the sake of the nation.
- Pray for local government officials including State Senators and State Representatives, that their decisions and direction would reflect the will of God.
- Pray for Gods protection over our law enforcement officers and the men and men and women of the military.
For Students -pray that among the 200,000 students of Orange County, Christians would he a light that significantly reduces the culture of bullying. by living salty lives that draw people toward Jesus.
For Teachers -standing in the midst of pressures from administration and parents, pray that all teachers would fully invest in the students and that-Christian teachers would understand and minister within their rights/boundaries Lo be a light to their school.
For Administration -for those navigating complicated issued like curriculum and transgender bathroom rulings.
- Pray for the Central Florida Christian Chamber, that God would continue to give them favor as they serve the business people of our region. Favor in establishing businesses, building Christian community, and extending Gods Kingdom.
- Pray for wisdom and prosperity for Christian business owners, that they might be blessed to be a blessing.
- Pray that Christian employees would serve their bosses as if they were serving Jesus.
Media, Arts & Entertainment
- Orlando is sometimes called “Hollywood East”. Pray that God would raise up an individual or a company (like he has done with Sherwood films and/or the Kendrick brothers in the Orlando area to produce Jesus··Centric films of faith and love that are relevant &. reverent, effective and biblically accurate. That these would be successful wide-release films that would put a focus on God in Orlando.
- Pray that Cod would raise up an individual or a band in the local music scene here in Orlando, that would have a national and true focus on Jesus Christ and the Word of God.
- Pray that God would open multiple doors or create multiple opportunities in the greater (Orlando market, where Christian artists would be able to create and display ‘highly visible’ Jesus-Centric art in be the public square and that it would be in the midst of secular displays. That Christian artists would present a clear message in direct contrast to the worldly conceptions of secular artistic displays -and that it. would be done in Love, and not in animosity or confrontation.
- Pray for the Good News of Jesus to transform the 2-.4· Million people that live in the Greater Orlando Area.
- Pray for the Gospel to reach every one of the estimated 66 Million international visitors that visit Orlando each year. Pray that God would send these ‘ visitors back to their nations to impact them for the sake of His Kingdom.
- Pray for the 39,000-unreached households from various religious backgrounds within a 25-mile radius of downtown Orlando.
What can we do together that we cannot do apart?
For more information on Church of the Sower’s commitment to praying for our community visit the One Church Prayer Initiative website www.CollaborateAmerica.com/OneChurch.